1.Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name, sexuality, your birthday, and email address, postal address and phone number (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes that information which can be easily compared with other information, and as a result, individuals can be identified even if the information alone cannot be identified.
2. Personal Information Collection
In this policy, the Personal Information we collect refers to the information entered by users when registering on SHOYU and its related services. By using SHOYU, you agree to the collection and use of your Personal Information in accordance with this policy.
We also collect other information such as the information that your browser sends whenever you visit SHOYU (“Log Data”). This Log Data refers to things like Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics. We will only use this collected Log Data for monitoring abnormal accesses and improving our services. Such information will not be disclosed to third parties without your prior consent.
In addition, we use “cookies” to collect information. Cookies means files with small amount of data sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies does not include date that may identify individuals. This is used for the purpose of managing login status. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of SHOYU.
3. Use of Personal Information
1. To provide, maintain, protect and improve SHOYU, including registration, identity verification and usage of fee calculation
2. To provide information and inquiries regarding this service
3. To prevent usage in a manner that violates the Terms of Service
4. To create statistical data that has been processed into a format that does not identify individuals for this service
5. To use incidental to the above purpose of use
You also agree hereby that Personal Information acquired by the commissioned work will be used for contracts and related communications, performance of commissioned work, aftercare, etc.
4. Protection and Management of Personal Information
In order to recognize the importance of handling Personal Information and to ensure the rights of users regarding Personal Information, we have established this policy and will implement the following matters.
1. SEE THE STARS will comply with laws and regulations concerning Personal Information, national guidelines, other norms and social order, and strive to protect Personal Information appropriately.
2. SEE THE STARS shall fully recognize the risks of unauthorized access, loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, etc. of Personal Information that we handle, implement reasonable safety measures, and take appropriate measures when problems arise and take corrective action.
3. SEE THE STARS will appropriately respond to inquiries regarding Personal Information that we handle, such as disclosure, correction, suspension of use, and complaints.
4. In order to ensure the proper handling of Personal Information, we regularly review our information security system and continuously improve it.
5. Sharing, and Disclosing of Personal Information
SEE THE STARS will not provide Personal Information to any third parties without the prior consent of the user, except for cases where disclosure is permitted based on the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003) of Japan (the “APPI”) and other applicable laws. However, this does not apply to:
1. When there are restrictions as stipulated in Article 23, Paragraph 1 of the APPI
2. When taking necessary measures, including legal measures, against violations of the User Terms of Service
3. When disclosure is required with a valid order from a public organization such as the court or the regulators in accordance with Japanese laws and regulations.
4. When we entrust all or part of the handling of Personal Information within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
5. When Personal Information is provided as a result of business succession due to merger or other reasons
6. Accuracy of Personal Information
You are responsible for the accuracy and content of Personal Information at the time it is provided.
7. Change or Deletion of Personal Information
We will not change your Personal Information without your prior consent. If you request to stop using this service, your Personal Information will be stopped thereafter. If you wish to delete Personal Information, please contact us according to our prescribed procedures.
8. Disclosure Procedure of Personal Information
SEE THE STARS promptly respond to requests on disclosure of Personal Information including notification of purpose of use, disclosure, correction of contents, addition or deletion, suspension of use, erasure, and suspension of provision to third parties. We will endeavor to respond to your request within a reasonable period of time after confirming that you are the person concerned or the representative agent.
For requests on Personal Information disclosure, please contact below. We will send you our “Personal Information Disclosure Request Form”. You may also submit questions or comments. We will contact you if there is any incompleteness or if we are unable to verify the identity of the user.
To: SEE THE STARS Inc.
a. Please provide the requested documents to confirm the identity of the requester.
b. Disclosure method
It will be sent via postal mail to the name and address of the user indicated on the “Personal Information Disclosure Request Form”. Please note that it may take few days to reach you. We may ask for the mailing cost in some cases. We also have the right to refuse disclosing Personal Information data in accordance with Article 25, Paragraph 1 of the APPI. If we decide not to disclose, we will respond with a reason.
1. When some Personal Information is included in information that is not subject to disclosure, and it is difficult to extract only Personal Information
2. When there is a risk of significantly hindering the proper implementation of business
3. When disclosure will violate other laws and regulations
9.Exclusion of Liabilities
Information other than those stipulated in Article 2 (Personal Information Collection) of this Policy is not defined as Personal Information and therefore does not fall under the category of Personal Information that is protected and managed by this Policy. Therefore, SEE THE STARS is not liable for any leakage or leakage of such information.
11.Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Effective Date: July 1, 2019
SEE THE STARS Inc.